Cauliflower, Leek & Potato Soup
Perfect for winter this tasty Cauliflower and Leek Soup is creamy, rich and delicious. It’s also super easy to make.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250 grm bacon – chopped
- 3 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ small cauliflower- broken into flowerets
- 2 leeks sliced – white part of leek
- 500 grm potatoes – peeled & chopped
- 500 grm Bone Roasters Chicken Stock
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup cream – optional
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large saucepan, add bacon and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes
- Remove bacon and set aside
- Add remaining oil, leeks and garlic to the saucepan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring to avoid sticking.
- Add turmeric, cauliflower, leeks, potato, chicken stock and water. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat & simmer for 25 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Blend with stick blender until smooth.
- Add bacon & cream (optional)
- Season to taste